‘East Suffolk: Bringing Ideas to Life”
Community Partnerships are something fresh that reflect the ambitions of East Suffolk Council and utilise the incredible knowledge, experience and enthusiasm contained right across the wide range of organisations and communities in East Suffolk. Through a process of data analysis, stakeholder engagement and collaborative working the Community Partnerships have collectively identified several priorities for action and are busy delivering on them.
Each year the East Suffolk Community Partnerships hosts a conference for representatives from our communities, voluntary organisations, public services and local businesses. This important event gives us all the opportunity to share our knowledge and expertise and work together to benefit our communities and businesses in East Suffolk.
The theme this year is ‘East Suffolk: Bringing Ideas to Life’. We will explore some of the critical issues affecting our lives and identify how we can respond to them within our communities, businesses and organisation. The event will also address a range of challenges and opportunities thrown up by a recent ‘Peer Challenge’ of our Community Partnerships.
This forum is an exciting opportunity for participants to be brought up to speed on East Suffolk priorities, share their knowledge and expertise, and work together to help find solutions. The issues we will explore include:
- Tackling Social Isolation and Loneliness in our communities
- Promoting active and sustainable travel
- Improving Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Rethinking rural transport and access to services
- Supporting our most vulnerable communities and people
- Encouraging our young people in education, aspirations, emotional wellbeing and physical health
- Championing the role of communities in tackling the climate emergency
- Reducing inequalities between and within communities
- Focussing on data about East Suffolk and communities and how we can use it
- Building resilience in our voluntary organisations, Community groups and Social Enterprises
- Recognising the vital role of our and Town and Parish Councils
Workshops and seminars will be on offer to explore these key issues shaping our lives, businesses, communities and environment in East Suffolk.
Workshop / Seminar descriptions will be available in February, and you will be offered the opportunity to choose your preferred sessions.
Audience: Delegates will be drawn from local communities and business, voluntary organisations, public services, the private sector, local authorities, town and parish councils, faith groups, housing and healthcare professionals, Police and many other local organisations.
If you have any queries please contact Jayne Cole, Events Manager, East of England LGA, email: email@example.com tel: 07500 769751
This event is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the reserve list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If any places become available we will contact you know as soon as possible.
28th February 2023
Member Development Programme 2022: Effective CommunicationThis workshop is aimed at Elected Members from member councils of the East...Read more
23rd February 2023
Member Development Programme 2022: Effective Decision MakingThis workshop is aimed at Elected Members from member councils of the East...Read more
9th February 2023
Member Development Programme 2022: Public SpeakingThis workshop is aimed at Elected Members from member councils of the East...Read more