Jobs in Local Government in the East of England
EAST OF ENGLAND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION JOB PROFILE
JOB TITLE: Finance and Office Administrator
JOB GRADE: SCP 17-21 Salary: SCP17 (£24,920) – SCP21 (£26,975)
REPORTS TO: Finance and Talent Bank Manager
To support the work of East of England LGA, principally through providing high quality administrative support across the organisation to ensure a consistently high level of service to our member organisations.
To operate flexibly in the provision of administrative and general support functions across the East of England LGA.
To be proactive in promoting the services of East of England LGA and contributing to the organisation’s fee earning targets, by supporting the smooth running of events and assignments including the timely generation of purchase orders and invoices.
To contribute to the further development of the services provided by the East of England LGA as appropriate under the guidance of the Management Team ensuring the provision of cost- effective services to member authorities.
To ensure effective communication with all external suppliers, stakeholders, statutory bodies and partner organisations of the Association and its member bodies to ensure the smooth day- to-day operation of East of England LGA and its functions.
Role specific requirements:
- Support the finance function of the organisation including data inputting, completing public information and compiling information for internal use, statutory and other bodies as required.
- Raise invoices and purchase orders as required.
- Support the financial administration relating to HMRC legal obligations, including, but not limited to, IR35 reporting, VAT submissions and year-end accounts preparation.
- Support the organisation in the administration of creating and maintaining contacts, networks and databases.
- Administrative support and high standards of service to associates in the “Talent Bank”. This will include completing registration administration and liaising with Associates and colleagues.
- Prepare and maintain the relevant administration of assignments including contracts.
- Respond to, or pass on enquiries to the East of England LGA from Associates and customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Support the internal teams with research functions.
- Act as the first point of contact for the East of England LGA and undertake tasks or refer enquiries as appropriate.
- To take personal responsibility for specific elements of the administration of events/courses/meetings as required across the organisation, such as setting them up for on-line booking.
EAST OF ENGLAND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Good level of general education e.g GCSE grade C or equivalent in English language and mathematics.
- Desirable but not essential AAT level 2 or equivalent finance related qualification.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail/accuracy and precision.
- Management and interest of financial resources.
- Good interpersonal skills, maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of different groups and interests.
- High standard of oral and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent customer service skills including an ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with customers and suppliers e.g. Talent Bank Associates and Clients.
- Sound judgment, including political awareness.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet demanding deadlines.
- IT skills specifically Microsoft Teams, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience of finance software.
- Committed to equality of opportunity.
- The team member will be required to provide support across the business and will need to demonstrate a willingness to work flexibility across the whole organisation.
- Highly developed ability to maintain impartiality and confidentiality.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- A willingness to take personal responsibility for any administrative functions assigned to meet the needs of the organisation.
- To provide high standards of service to East of England LGA member organisations, as well as other existing and potential customers.
Sound Interesting? To find out more about working with the East of England LGA check out our: Recruitment Pack - 2022 (pagetiger.com)
To apply you will need to submit a CV along with the CV Supplementary Information Form V3 and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form 1 by midday on the 6 September. Please note - Due to the immediate need, the vacancy may close early once sufficient applications are received.
Please send all the required documents to Hilary Jarrett-Firat email@example.com
Interviews will take place virtually week commencing 12 September.