Workforce planning is an activity every council should engage in, even more so now during COVID-19 to help councils with advice and guidance to meet their workforce needs to keep vital services operating.
It is the process that enables a local authority to have the right people with the right skills in place to deliver the council plan. This is usually described on a service by service basis with relevant activities shown as actions over a one to three-year cycle.
This is a 2-3 hour online development session which will cover both theory and practice with several collaboration exercises. The outcome of these exercises will be shared after the event. The outline for the session is:
- Developing a common understanding
- Strategic and business dimension
- HR Implementation dimension
- Making workforce planning happen – tools, tips and conversation starters
- Who needs to workforce plan: Roles and responsibilities
- Evidenced based workforce planning
It is an informal session where you can ask lots of questions about workforce planning challenges and share good practice.
Audience: This session is aimed at HR business partners or Workforce planning leads in the public sector.
If you have any queries, please contact Jayne Cole, Events Coordinator, East of England LGA, email; firstname.lastname@example.org