The East of England Association of Directors of Social Services (ADASS) would like to warmly welcome all carers, carer’s organisations and commissioners to our yearly carer’s event that will be taking place virtually.
The day will be facilitated by Simon Stockton and a carer, Ali Smith. The event is themed around the importance of “Connection, Purpose and Meaning”. You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet like-minded people over a brew
- Hear about the success and challenges across the East and what it is like for carers, carers organisations and local authority commissioners
- Hear from a number of key speakers including people who are accessing care and support or who have experience of being a carer (Camerados, Community Circles and Inclusion East) about different ways of working
- Learn about work undertaken by ADASS East Carers Network since last year’s event – what we said, we did!
- Hear about examples of work happening in local authorities across the East including input from expert organisations (Mobilise and Working Together for Change experts) and commissioners of adult social care
- Undertake a live mindfulness session
- Help to influence and shape the work of the EoE Carers Network across the next year
A copy of the agenda will be available shortly.
This event is for people who are caring for loved ones as well as those who are working with and supporting people who are.
Please note: If the event is oversubscribed, places will be limited per local authority area and will be on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have any queries please contact Julie Taylor-Poole, Administrator, East of England LGA, email: email@example.com
Virtual East of England Carers Event
6 December 2022 (09:50 - 14:35)
7th February 2023
EELGA Roundtable Discussion: Agile and Hybrid Working – Opportunities and ChallengesRead more
31st January 2023
EELGA Roundtable Discussion: Good Quality Housing For AllRead more
Employer Services25th January 2023
An Introduction for HR Leads New to Local GovernmentThis session has been designed for recently appointed Heads of HR/HR leads within...Read more