Are you ready to develop your expertise and accredit your experience as a professional coach and mentor?
This qualification is designed for senior managers or HR/OD professionals who want to develop their expertise and credibility in the fields of coaching and mentoring, or to establish coaching on an organisational level.
It is also for professional coaches and mentors seeking to enhance and accredit their experience with a nationally recognised qualification.
Aims and objectives
To provide the opportunity for participants to develop executive coaching and mentoring skills. By working with colleagues in a series of interactive workshops, delegates will work at:
- developing high levels of emotional intelligence and communication skills (including active listening and clean language)
- building expertise and credibility in coaching; understanding its role in improving performance; bringing out the best in individuals and teams
- creating a coaching culture within their organisation
- understanding the organisational context and boundaries that impact on the workplace coach
- devising a plan for using the skills learnt on the course within the context of their own organisation
Impact for your organisation
- Coaching Cultural – Implement coaching in complex working environments or at a senior and strategic level in your organisation
- Knowledge – Ensure your organisation’s coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Benchmark – Benchmark your organisation’s approach against the latest best practise in coaching and mentoring
- Impact – Measurable impact from coaching and mentoring sessions carried out as part of this qualification
- Reduce outsourcing – Develop internal coaches who are highly qualified to be able to confidently work with senior leaders, reducing the cost of outsourcing for support
Delivery and support
Seven highly-interactive virtual workshops (plus an introductory session) are held to encourage sharing of existing skills; debate organisational context; learn coaching and mentoring skills and practice these in a safe environment. An introductory session is also included in the price.
On-demand, ongoing support is offered via tutorials and delegates are encouraged to contact the facilitator by phone, zoom or email to seek guidance and discuss issues throughout the programme. Delegates are also encouraged to send frequent assignment drafts for formative feedback.
All material and research content will be available digitally, uploaded to a closed ‘Dropbox’ site.
The programme is accredited and therefore if completed successfully, will qualify participants in the ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive & Senior Level Coaches and Mentors.
The accreditation process will involve successful completion of the following:
- Participation in all Facilitated Learning Workshop Sessions
- Participation in at least one Supervision Session
- Completion of at least 20 hours Executive Coaching and / or Mentoring (in addition to the workshops)
- Completing of three assignments*:
– A research document: a paper setting out the strategic context of executive coaching & mentoring
– A coaching diary
– A reflective log
* It is estimated that these assignments will require around two hours work per week in addition to attending the workshops. The programme facilitator will support in offering formative feedback on all draft assignments.
Virtual Platform – Zoom
This programme is delivered virtually, through a series of 7 live and interactive online zoom sessions.
2022 Programme dates
• Induction – Thursday 3 February, 09:30 – 13:00
• Day 1 – Wednesday 2 March, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 2 – Wednesday 30 March, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 3 – Tuesday 26 April, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 4 – Tuesday 7 June, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 5 – Tuesday 5 July, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 6 – Tuesday 2 August, 09:30 – 16:00
• Day 7 – Tuesday 6 September, 09:30 – 16:00
£1,750 plus VAT for member organisations
£1,850 plus VAT for non-member organisations
Price includes your ILM registration fee, and course text books, so there are no hidden costs.
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience any technical difficulties when trying to book a place, this could be because our online payment system is not supported by Internet Explorer. Please check the web browser you are using.