A workshop to develop understanding of inter-cultural competence on issues affecting ethnic minority families in connection with neonatal, maternity and perinatal mental health.
The 2-hour workshop will consist of short presentations, group discussion, practical activities, group exploration and discovery. Participants will be encouraged to work collaboratively and creatively together to identify appropriate ways to implement learning and consider next steps.
- To identify ways of linking into local ethnic minority communities in particular of Black background
- Raise awareness on the impact of cultural background and ethnicity on access to local services
- To outline ways in which safeguarding processes take into account race, ethnicity and culture
- To identify ways of linking into local ethnic minority communities
- To examine the relevance and accessibility of current processes and service
- To identify appropriate ways forward to respond to ethnic minority need more effectively in practical and cost-efficient ways
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Gain a better understanding of a range of safeguarding issues pertaining to ethnic minorities
- Be able to identify a range of barriers that ethnic minority groups and individuals experience in accessing public services
- Identify a range of cost-effective solutions for developing greater access to public services for ethnic minority individuals
- Identify relevant adaptations that could be made in their own practises to develop greater inclusiveness with regards to ethnic minority groups
- Explore ways of building greater links with local ethnic minority groups and organisations
- Identify outreach strategies, provision of information in appropriate format and ways of engaging with the ethnic minority communities
- Develop opportunities for networking, signposting and joint working
Audience: Neonatal, Maternity, MVP and Perinatal Mental Health staff in the East of England Region.
If you have any queries please contact Jayne Cole, Events Coordinator, East of England LGA, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
9th February 2023
Member Development Programme 2022: Public SpeakingThis workshop is aimed at Elected Members from member councils of the East...Read more
Employer Services25th January 2023
An Introduction for HR Leads New to Local GovernmentThis session has been designed for recently appointed Heads of HR/HR leads within...Read more
19th January 2023
Member Development Programme 2022: Engaging Young PeopleThis workshop is aimed at Elected Members from member councils of the East...Read more