This session has been designed for recently appointed Heads of HR/HR leads within councils who are new to working in Local Government. It covers important sector specific information/requirements that the HR lead would need to be aware of.
The session will talk you through the following topics and you will be able to ask any questions you may have. It is a ‘what is it’ session and ‘where can I find out more detail’.
- Green book
- National Joint Council (NJC) and the Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC)
- National job evaluation scheme and the LGA chief officer scheme
- Constitution v policies v T&C’s
- Statutory posts
- Pay policy statement
- Transparency reporting requirements
- Public sector duties
- Role of regional employers and the regional joint council (RJC)
- LGA information sources
Julie Cooke, Senior HR Consultant at the East of England LGA, will be running the session.
Who should attend:
Recently appointed Heads of HR/HR leads within councils who are new to Local Government.
This is only open to our member authorities in the the east of England region.
If you have any queries please contact the Employer Services team at East of England LGA, email: [email protected]
An Introduction for HR Leads New to Local Government
Thursday 19 October 2023 (13:00 - 14:30)