Directed by our members, we:
- Support the member-led Infrastructure and Growth Panel. This is a forum of councillors that collaborate, share best practice and advocates on behalf of all councils in the region regarding infrastructure and growth.
- Ensure the voice of our region is heard through the Wider South East Partnership, particularly with regards to the upcoming review of the London Plan.
- Support our member’s connectivity ambitions by providing a forum for our Subnational Transport Bodies to both engage constructively with each other and elected members from our region.
- Explore regional housing delivery and the potential barriers that may be experienced by planning authorities in delivering their local plans.
- Maintain a record of local growth and economic development funds obtained by local authorities in the area and use this to make the case for more funding for local authorities in the East of England.
- Liaise with central government to ensure that their levelling up agenda takes account of the unique strengths and needs of the East of England.
I&G Panel Meeting Dates 2023/24
- 22 June 2023
- 4 September 2023
- 27 November 2023
- 26 February 2024
22nd March 2024
RESERVE LIST: The East Suffolk Community Partnership Annual ForumRead more
29th February 2024
Knowledge Sharing Session: Nutrient Neutrality - What is it, and how does it affect housing?Read more
22nd March 2024
The East Suffolk Community Partnership Annual ForumCommunity Partnerships are something fresh that reflect the ambitions of East Suffolk Council...Read more
30th November 2023
East of England Net Zero: Councillors write to Ministers following inspirational eventRead more
23rd November 2023
East of England bottom of the pile for Government fundingRead more
20th November 2023
EELGA submits response to Government waste consultationRead more