Fixed-term, Casual, Volunteers & Part-time Working (and other 'flexible' working practices)
East of England LGA Offices, Flempton House, Flempton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6EG
This half day seminar will explore the law and practice of using the forms of working relationship that are not the 'standard' ones of permanent employment contracts with set hours. It will cover:
- part-time, variable hours and zero-hours working
- casual, fixed-term and other temporary work
- self-employed working
- the regulations on part-time and fixed-term working
- the agency work regulations
- the impact of the Equality Act
- how changes in the law in this area affects employers' resourcing practice, including 'flexible working requests' and work-life-balance policies.
By the end of the seminar delegates will have identified the key areas where employers' practices may need to change, and some possibilities for action.
Who should attend:
This half day session is aimed at HR professionals.
The workshop will be led by John Anslow, an employment law adviser, who was previously with what is now The Employers' Organisation for Local Government. He has been involved with TUPE from its early days, particularly as it operates in the public sector. His company, Anslow Communications Limited (www.anslow.co.uk) undertakes advice, gives training and publishes guidance in this and other fields of management practice.
For further informaiton please contact Jayne Cole, Events Organiser, East of England LGA e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01284 729405
The cost to attend this half day workshop is: - £60.00 + VAT