EACH Project - Cultural Awareness & working with Interpreters workshop - Cambridge Ethnic Community Forum & Cintra
Arbury Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 2LD
This event will give front-line NHS personnel the opportunity to have an open dialogue with Asian women and to explore issues, processes and ways of communicating in order to improve this community's access to local NHS services.
- Understand the health needs of Asian women.
- Explore how cultural issues impact upon how Asian women engage with health and community services.
- Hear the experiences and views of local Asian women about accessing their local health services.
- Discover strategies to avoid the pitfalls and aid the communication with non-English speakers during NHS appointments.
- Understand the role and skills of a trained interpreter.
- Know how to manage an appointment where an interpreter is used.
There is no charge to attend this event but places are restricted to NHS Staff only
Lunch will be provided
Alternative dates: If you are unable to make the 5 March there are alternative workshops taking place at the same event on:
23 April, 2012 - link: http://www.eelga.gov.uk/events/view-event.aspx?ID=2812
14 May 2012 - link: http://www.eelga.gov.uk/events/view-event.aspx?ID=2813
For further information contact Louise Gooch, Strategic Migration Partnership, East of England LGA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone: 01284 729438