About Portfolio-Holder Networks
Through the Association's Assembly, Council Leaders resolved to establish a series of networks for councils portfolio-holders around a small number of key priority areas.
These networks aim to:
- give councils in the East of England a collective voice in response to consultations and lobbying activity;
- provide a forum for discussion on matters of common concern and share best practice; and,
- provide the means by which the East of England contributes to the work of the national LGA and makes best use of its members' outside appointments.
The networks being established include:
Leaders have been clear that the networks will be self-supporting and have no additional costs for member authorities. It is crucial to emphasise:
If you would like further information please get in touch with the strategic support team.
- The voluntary nature of the networks, which are open to all councils through their membership of the Association.
- That each network is free to develop its own working arrangements according to the needs of member councils. This means that will be variation across the networks.
- That networks should work together where there are benefits of a joint approach (e.g. housing and adult social care or economic development and planning)
Details of the network events are published on the network pages or use the links above to get to a particular network.