About Brussels Office
The European Team, based in Brussels, helps councils and other partners engage with Europe, signposting potential partnership opportunities, providing key information and obtaining increased access to European funding.
The role of the European Team
The European team is there to provide:
- Guidance through the maze of EU institutions and legislation
- Delivering intelligence and advance warning of EU policy and funding developments
- Promoting regional businesses across the EU, and helping to forge business links throughout Europe
- Creating links through networking and partner searches with other European regions
- Endorsing the East of England amongst key decision-makers in the European institution (Commission, Parliament and Committee of the
The work of the European Team is supported by the East of England European and International Forum, involving council leaders and MEPs, and the East of England European Officers Group.
More specialised activities
- Organising and facilitating delegation visits from the region to Brussels (including use of our conference room and other facilities)
- Enabling partners to exercise influence at the appropriate level in the European institutions - facilitating contact
- Providing in-depth specialist briefings tailored to individual needs in a wide range of policy areas
- Supplying practical information and assistance on how to make the most out of European funding opportunities and partner searches
Further information is available at www.east-of-england.eu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.